Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History
The Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History in the David M. Rubenstein Library acquires and preserves printed material and collections of textual and multimedia resources and makes them available to researchers around the world. Through these collections and related programming, the Center promotes understanding of the social, cultural, and historical impact of advertising, marketing, and sales.
J. Walter Thompson Company Newsletter Now Available Online
The Company-wide newsletter of the J. Walter Thompson Company advertising agency are now available as a new digital collection on the library's digital collections site here. Ranging in date from 1916 through 1986, the newsletters cover a wide range of topics and issues important to the entire company including account news, client lists, markets and industry trends, technological developments and their impact on the industry, and personnel news.
Latest Front & Center newsletter available online!
The latest Hartman Center newsletter is now available online. Find out more about the Achenbaum travel grants, Hartman Foundation challenge grant, the world's oldest advertising book, and much more!
Newly Available Collections
The Hartman Center announces new online finding aids for the following collections:
- Alvin A. Achenbaum Papers, 1948-2011 and undated
- Douglass L. Alligood Papers, 1963-2013
- General Outdoor Advertising Company Plan Books, 1916-1927
- J. Walter Thompson Company Bill Lane Papers, 1967-1978
- J. Walter Thompson Company Glen Dell Papers, 1969-1986
- J. Walter Thompson Company Small Accessions, 1895-2006
- J. Walter Thompson Company Chicago Office Information Center Print Materials, 1971-2000
- J. Walter Thompson Company Information Center Vertical Files, 1916-1999
These and other Hartman Center finding aids can be found and searched from the Collection Guides page.