Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History
The Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History in the David M. Rubenstein Library acquires and preserves printed material and collections of textual and multimedia resources and makes them available to researchers around the world. Through these collections and related programming, the Center promotes understanding of the social, cultural, and historical impact of advertising, marketing, and sales.
CHARM Conference 2017 Call for Papers
Hartman Center researchers may be interested in the Conference on Historical Analysis and Research in Marketing (CHARM) in Liverpool, England next June! The paper submission deadline is December 18, 2016. http://learn.quinnipiac.edu/charm/index.htm
Outdoor Advertising Association of America Celebrates 125th Anniversary
The OAAA, the lead trade orgainization for the outdoor advertising industry, is celebrating it's 125th annniversary this year. The Hartman Center will help celebrate with a series of tweets featuring documents, photographs, and other materials from the organizational archives housed here in the Rubenstein Library. Follow the Hartman Center on Twitter and look for the hashtag #OAAA125.
Newly Available Collections
The Hartman Center announces new online collection guides for the following collections:
- Gary P. and Sandra G. Baden Collection of Print Advertisements, 1846-1986
- J. Walter Thompson Company. Competitive Advertisements, 1955-1997
- J. Walter Thompson Company. Creative Department Commercial Scripts, 1955-1982
- J, Walter Thompson Company. Broadcast Business Affairs Depertment Records, 1934-1976
- Stuart Elliott Papers, 1875-2014
- Vivian Gauld Collection of Fashion Design Drawings, circa 1940s-1950s
- WPP Group Records, 1986-2015
These and other Hartman Center finding aids can be found and searched from the Collection Guides page.