Duke University’s Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library offers one Eleanore and Harold Jantz Fellowship, with an award of $1500, for researchers whose work would benefit from access to the Jantz Collections.
The Jantz Collections contain some 3,500 titles in German Baroque literature, complemented by more than 7,000 titles reflecting Dr. Harold Jantz's other scholarly interests — namely German Americana of all periods, English-German literary relations, the Age of Goethe, Rosicruciana and Occulta.
Who is eligible?
- Faculty members, graduate students and independent scholars with relevant research projects are eligible to apply.
- All applicants must reside beyond a 100-mile radius of Durham, N.C.
What expenses does the grant cover?
Grant money may be used for the following:
- transportation expenses (including air, train or bus ticket charges; car rental; mileage using a personal vehicle; parking fees)
- photocopying and reproduction expenses
Expenses will be reimbursed once the grant recipient has completed his or her research visit(s) and has submitted original receipts.
How do I apply?
Research topics must be strongly supported by the Rubenstein Library’s Jantz Collections. We encourage prospective grant applicants to discuss their research projects and the materials that might support them with a Rubenstein Library reference archivist before submitting an application.
- Download and complete an application form (Word document; 54 KB). Applications must be completed in English.
- E-mail completed application and C.V. as attachments (Word document or PDF) to special-collections(at)duke.edu. We will send you an e-mail confirming that your application was received.
- Graduate students must submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor. The application packet will not be considered complete until this letter is received. The letter may be submitted as e-mail attachment to the e-mail address above or by postal mail to:
Jantz Research Grant Program
Attn: David Pavelich
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Durham, NC 27708-0185