Sarah E. Thompson Papers

Letter to her sister, November 13, 1859

Thompkinsville, KY. From Sarah Thompson to her sister with a note to Dorcas A. Lane. Personal correspondence after Thompson's recent move to Thompkinsville, KY. (Sarah E. Thompson Papers, Special Collections Library, Duke University)

Image of this page

Tompkinsville, Ky Nov 13th 1859

Dear Sister

I read your letter on the 11th of this month which found us all well. I was glad to here that you was well and in good health. I am only tolerably well satestfied with my move to Tompkinsvill; but I am better satatestfied now; then I was at first. I have not much to write about at this time but will write the more the next time This greene is a piece of the baby's Bonnet it cost 50 cts per yd this other piece is a piece of my dress it cost 42 1/2 cts per yd Nothing more but fom you to write to me as soon as you can
I remain your only sister until death

Sarah E. Thompson To
Dorcas A. Lane

Tell Sammy to hurry and learn to write so that he can write me a letter; tell Johnny to hurry and learn to read the bible; Tell Jimmy to learn this piece of reading by heart and be a good Boy
Sarah. E. Thompson

[Full size image of this page]

[Double size image of this page]

Sarah Thompson Papers - Homepage or Index to letters.

A project of The Digital Scriptorium, Special Collections Library, Duke University. December 1996
http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/thompson/