Should you have a question about a fine on your account you may either reply to the notification email you receive, or contact the Circulation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Perkins does not charge overdue fines on most materials.
- Items not returned within 28 days of their due date will be assumed lost and patrons will be billed a minimum charge of $125 for the replacement of each item. This charge includes a minimum $100 replacement fee and a non-refundable $25 processing fee. If the actual replacement cost for an item exceeds $100, the fine will be the replacement cost plus the $25 processing fee.
- You may also contact a full-time staff member at the Perkins Circulation desk to see about the possibility of purchasing your own replacement for the item in question.
- Recalled items not returned by their recall date incur fines at the rate of $3 per day.
- Laptops not returned by their due dates/times incur fines at the rate of $10.00 per hour or any portion of an hour returned past the loan period. There is no maximum fine for overdue laptops.
- Three-hour and overnight reserve materials incur finds at the rate of $1.00 per hour; three-day reserved materials incur fines at the rate of $1.00 per day.