Duke Faculty, Staff and Students
- Duke faculty, staff and students are automatically granted borrowing privileges upon presentation of a valid Duke ID card.
- Family of faculty and staff are also granted borrowing privileges and should get their free library cards at the Perkins Library or Lilly Library circulation desks.
- Visiting faculty and researchers need to bring a letter from their department granting library privileges to any Perkins System library circulation desk.
Research and Teaching Assistants
- You may check out books on a faculty member's account with the faculty member's written permission.
- A Professorial Permission form can be obtained from the Perkins Library and Lilly Library circulation desks, and needs to be signed and dated by the faculty member, giving permission to charge books on the faculty member's account. In the interest of time, assistants may elect to charge out books to themselves until a permission card can be returned to a library.
- You are granted free borrowing privileges with a Perkins System/Divinity Card, or Alumni may purchase a Campus Borrower's Card for $75.
Faculty, staff and students of the Triangle Research Libraries Network (TRLN)
- TRLN institutions patrons can use their home institution ID card to borrow materials.
- Duke students wishing to learn about borrowing privileges at other TRLN institutions can find details on Duke's TRLN page.
All other patrons using Duke University Libraries
- You must apply for library privileges.
- A Perkins System/Divinity Card is available for an annual fee of $50, with no charge for alumni.
This card provides access to all Perkins System libraries and the Divinity library.
It does NOT include Law, Medicine and Ford libraries, videos from the Lilly library, or off-campus access to electronic databases.
This card is available free of charge to immediate family members (spouse or children) of Duke staff, faculty and students; Duke retirees, and others with a Duke affiliation, and may be obtained at the Perkins, Divinity, and Lilly libraries. To qualify for this card, you must either have your family/spouse card issued by the Duke Card Office, or you must have the employed family member, with Duke ID card, with you when you come to the desk to get your library card.
- A Campus Borrowers Card, available for an annual fee of $100, or $75 for alumni, provides access to all Perkins System libraries plus Divinity, Law, Medicine and Ford Business libraries.
This card may be purchased at the Perkins and Lilly circulation desks.
Last modified January 12, 2012 3:46:48 PM EST