Note: Bostock 023 and Perkins 118 aren't the only spaces with computers and projectors that may be reserved on campus-- check out the Trinity College classroom calendar to discover additional spaces.
Bostock 023 Reservation Request Form
Perkins 118 Reservation Request Form
- Library research instruction for Duke students, faculty, or staff
- Duke Libraries staff development or meetings
- Occasional use by Duke faculty for class meetings or film screenings
- Occasional use for meetings of Duke University student, staff and faculty groups
- Occasional classes or meetings for non-Duke groups, if sponsored by the library or a librarian
- Library instruction for Duke groups takes priority over other uses of Bostock 023 and Perkins 118. Research and Instructional Services reserves the right to cancel a reservation if the room is needed for library instruction. The Libraries will provide at least one week’s notice to anyone whose reservation is being cancelled.
- Requests for reservations may be submitted using the web forms linked above, by phone (660-5800) or by email (email@example.com).
- Requests for library research workshops may be submitted using the web form, by phone (660-5880) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Equipment & software
- A number of programs and applications are installed on the computers in Bostock 023, Perkins 118 and the Lilly Training Room. If you wish to request that an application be installed when machines are reimaged, please contact Emily Daly. Note: Computers are reimaged twice per year; applications cannot be installed mid-semester.
- Orientations to using the equipment in Bostock 023 or Perkins 118 may be provided. Contact Emily Daly to arrange an orientation.
- Modifications of any kind of the computer hardware or software configurations are not permitted unless authorized by Information Technology Services (ITS) and the class instructor. Copying software programs that reside on training room computers is prohibited.
General guidelines for room use
- Rooms are kept locked. Once you have reserved the space, you may stop by the Perkins circulation desk for access to Bostock 023 or Perkins 118.
- Food and drink (other than water in closed containers) is not permitted in Bostock 023.
- Rooms should be left ready for the next group using the space: Dry erase boards shoud be erased; computers should be logged off; trash should be placed in trash cans; chairs should be at computers; projectors should be turned off; lights should be turned off; and doors should be locked.
Directions to Bostock 023
From Perkins/Bostock connector
From the West Campus bus stop
- Enter Bostock Library (the building to your right if your are coming from the quad)
- Take your first right into the stairway and go down one flight to floor L1
- Enter floor L1 and turn left. Bostock 023 will be the second door on your right.
- Turn into the quad to your right (if you are facing the Chapel)
- Enter Perkins Library through the 2nd entrance on your left
- Walk through the lobby and into the library; you will see the Reference Desk directly ahead of you
- Take an immediate right and enter the stairway to the right of the men's restroom and elevator. Go down one flight to floor L1.
- Enter floor L1, take a left, and then another left. You will see the Link help desk ahead of you. Turn right at the help desk.
- Continue forward and walk down the short flight of steps (or ramp). Bostock 023 will be the first room on your left.