- Lockers are available to any registered Duke University graduate student.
- Lockers are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis at the Perkins circulation desk.
- A $10.00 fee will be charged for lost keys; patrons must use locks and keys provided by the library.
- Lockers are located on the first floor and lower level 2 of the Perkins building.
- Individual study carrels are awarded to Duke University faculty whenever possible, on a first-requested, first-accommodated basis.
- Carrels may ONLY be assigned to full-time doctoral candidates who have PASSED their preliminary exams AND are actively working on their dissertation.
- Graduate student occupancy of these carrels is subject to change and will be reviewed yearly.
- Closed carrel occupants must keep their carrels free from alcohol, open flame, and illicit substances.
- Carrels may not be occupied when the facility is closed.
- All library-owned materials in your carrel must be checked out to you, and a carrel slip must be placed visibly in each item. When you borrow a book, please inform the circulation assistants that you intend to keep it in your carrel. Carrels will be periodically inspected to ensure that all library materials are checked out to the carrel holder. Duke-owned books without carrel slips will be returned to the stacks.
A $10.00 fee will be charged for lost keys.
We currently have a lengthy waiting list for carrels. To join it:
- Please go to the library home page at http://library.duke.edu
- Enter the phrase "carrel request" in the Keywords search box.
- Click on the "Carrel Reservation List" link.
- Click on the "Get this title" link next to the truck icon, and proceed as directed.
This feature will enable you to secure and monitor your place on the wait list through the Duke Libraries website.
* Due to the high demand for individual study carrels, the wait for a carrel may be a year or more.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org