Want to compose an email in Chinese characters? All computers in the Perkins Library System allow you to input information in foreign scripts using an IME (Input Method Editor).
To change to another language:
- Find the "EN" on the ridgt side of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on it and choose your language from the menu that pops up.
- Click "Show the Language Bar" for further options that will vary depending on the language you choose.
- For some languages, multiple script or input styles are supported (Han/Eng in Korean, simplified/traditional Chinese, etc.)
- For further options and help, click the small down arrow on the Language Bar.
Languages currently supported:
- Arabic (Syria)
- Azeri (Cyrillic and Latin)
- Chinese (Taiwan and PRC)
- Want one not listed? Ask a Librarian. We'll see if it's possible.