***Exporting to RefWorks
on the wireless network
is not currently working***
- Users exporting references from off-campus or on the wireless network are being forced to login repeatedly
- Using the VPN or a wired network connection solves this problem
- There are other citation managers that can be used for many of the same functions as RefWorks
- The library is currently working with RefWorks to solve this problem, but you may also contact RefWorks tech support for suggestions and help
What is RefWorks?
is a personal online database and bibliography center. Use RefWorks to...
- Create a personal database with unlimited storage online
- Import references directly from multiple databases
- Organize and manage references
- Share references
- Format bibliographies and manuscripts
Want to create a free account?
- Access RefWorks by clicking on "Login to RefWorks" above OR by going to http://www.refworks.com/refworks from any computer on campus
- Enter your Net ID and password
- Click Sign Up for an Individual Account
- Enter your personal information and click Register
Can't create an account with your Net ID and password?
- Access RefWorks to create an account with a different username (your net ID is already in use in the RefWorks system and so cannot be used again)
- Follow the instructions below to link your new account to your Net ID and password
How do I convert my RefWorks account to a Net ID-authenticated account?
- Access RefWorks
- Enter your net ID and password
- Click Automatically login to your RefWorks Account from your university (find this link above the RefWorks login box)
- Enter your RefWorks login and RefWorks password (NOT your net ID and password), enter the code requested by RefWorks, and click Register
- From this point forward, access RefWorks through this link, and enter your net ID and password when prompted
How do I register or access my account off campus?
- Access RefWorks from this page
- Enter your net ID and password; you will be taken directly to your RefWorks account (see info about converting your existing account if logging in this way for the first time)
- Access RefWorks from http://www.refworks.com/refworks
- Click Login through your institution (Shibboleth users)
- Choose Duke University from the drop-down menu
- Enter your net ID and password; you will be taken directly to your RefWorks account (see info below about converting your existing account if logging in this way for the first time)
Note: You will only need to complete these conversion steps once; after that, you will be prompted for your net ID and password and taken directly to your RefWorks account. Your old RefWorks login and password will no longer be valid for off-campus access.
Are you graduating soon?
Learn about RefWorks for alumni
Having problems using RefWorks?
Check out the RefWorks Troubleshooting Guide
Want to learn more?
Want to use RefWorks to format bibliographies and papers?
Write-N-Cite (WNC) is a program that works with Microsoft Word and RefWorks to format bibliographies.