Creating an editable image with the Epson GT-15000
- Launch Adobe Photoshop Elements (camera icon on the desktop).
- Click the Edit and Enhance icon.
- Go to File -> Import -> EPSON-GT 15000.
- A scanner dialogue box will open.
- Adjust the settings as follows:
- Mode dropdown: use Professional Mode (gives control of resolution and crop box).
- Settings, Document Type, Document Source dropdowns: keep at default settings.
- Auto Exposure dropdown: use Photo for continuous tone images (photographs, full color images). Use Document for printed works and two-tone images (line drawings).
- Image Type dropdown: use 24 bit color for color photographs. Use 8 bit grayscale for black and white photographs, newspapers with photographs, or line drawings with fine detail. Use Black and White for text, coarse line drawings, and blueprints.
- Resolution dropdown: change according to your needs. See Standard Image Sizes.
- Target Size dropdown: change to dictate print size of digital file.
- Click on the "Scan" button to scan image.
- Close the Epson scan settings box.
- Perform adjustments in Photoshop as desired (rotate, crop, etc.)
- Save the image in your preferred format (generally .jpg) to your AFS space, a thumb drive, etc. If you save to the desktop be sure to email the image to yourself; it will be deleted when you log off the machine.
Last modified September 9, 2009 2:24:39 PM EDT