Creating a Word document using the Epson Perfection 4490
- Launch ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint application from icon on the desktop.
- Go to File > "Select Scanner".
- Select "Epson Perfection 4490"
- Go to File > "Scan Image" or if scanning more than one document choose "Scan Multiple Images".
- Change to "Office Mode" and select "Black and White".
- If using the document feeder, select "ADF" as the Document Source.
- Click on Scan button.
- Close the Epson scan settings box; you will see the document on the left side of the screen.
- From the "Read All" icon down arrow, select "Read All Pages".
- Your document will be converted to text.
- If you want it to be a Word document,select "Send to Microsoft Word" from the "Save" icon down arrow.
- The document will open in Word; edit as necessary.
- Save the image to your AFS space, a thumb drive, etc. If you save to the desktop be sure to email the image to yourself; it will be deleted when you log off the machine.
Last modified September 9, 2009 2:30:43 PM EDT