Creating a .pdf file with the Epson Perfection 4490
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Professional from icon on desktop.
- Load your pages in the document feeder on the scanner if scanning multiple pages. (Note the feeder only accepts 8.5 x 11 pages and may have trouble is they have been stapled or folded.)
- Go to File> Create PDF> From Scanner.
- Choose "Epson Perfection 4490".
- Click Scan.
- Change the output type to Black and White.
- If using the document feeder, choose "ADF" as the Document Source.
- Click the "Scan" button.
- If the document feeder is already loaded all the pages in the tray will be scanned.
- Close the Epson scan dialog box.
- Press "Done" once all the pages have gone through the document feeder.
- The images will then automatically be sent to Acrobat for processing. Depending on how many pages are being scanned this could take some time.
- Go to File> Save As to save your pdf to your AFS space, a thumb drive, etc. If you save to the desktop be sure to email the image to yourself; it will be deleted when you log off the machine.
Last modified September 9, 2009 2:28:28 PM EDT