When you make a gift to the Duke University Libraries, you are giving to the entire Duke community. Students say that the collaborative energy of Duke is more visible in the Libraries than anywhere else on campus. We support the work of every student and researcher on campus — whether we're helping with a multimedia project or assisting a visiting scholar with archival research. The Libraries are able to reach across disciplines and tie members of the Duke community together. The Libraries belong to every Duke student, faculty member, friend and alumnus. Of course, just as the Duke community depends on its Libraries, so do we depend on our community.
We're your library!
With a minimum gift of $50, you can become part of a Duke tradition! As supporters of the Libraries, Friends receive special benefits throughout the year, including:
- Borrowing privileges at Perkins, Bostock, Lilly, and Divinity School libraries
- A 10% discount at Duke's Gothic Bookshop and Durham's Regulator Bookshop
- Subscriptions to Duke University Libraries magazine and the "Among Friends" newsletter
- Recognition in the annual list of donors, published in the Libraries' magazine
- Invitations to select Libraries events