How you can help
An annual contribution of $50 or more to any Libraries’ fund confers membership in the Friends of the Duke University Libraries. Gifts can be made to any Libraries’ fund (annual fund, etc.) in honor or memory of an individual or individuals. The Libraries will notify the family of the person you choose to recognize.
You can direct your gifts to one or more Libraries’ funds, including:
- The Libraries Annual Fund (Fund 113-1070) provides flexible, unrestricted support for the Libraries’ varied operational needs.
- The Adopt-a-Book Program (Fund 394-0012) funds the conservation of an item or items from the DUL collections, and provides flexible support for the Conservation Services Deparement.
- Adopt a Digital Collection (Fund 614-0023) and preserve some of Duke's most unique resources for generations of students and researchers to come.
- The Honoring with Books Program gives annual fund donors who contribute $100 or more the opportunity to recognize a special person or event with an electronic bookplate.
- The Perkins Library Renovation Fund (744-5000) is the top capital fundraising priority for the Libraries. This fund supports the transformation of Duke’s first library buildings at the center of West Campus, and their are naming opportunities at many price points. For instance, a study carrel in Perkins or Bostock libraries will be named in your honor when you support the campaign with a gift of $5,000, a commitment that can be paid over a five year period.
- The Friends of the Libraries Book Fund (Fund 394-2401) is used to purchase books for the collections.
- A Named Endowment is a fund with a specific purpose. A gift of $50,000 establishes an unrestricted endowment, and a gift of $100,000 establishes a restricted endowment. The investment returns support the fund objective.
- Gifts-in-Kind form an indispensable resource for the teaching and research activities of the University.
- You also can include include Duke University Libraries in your estate plans. Duke’s Office of Gift Planning can assist you and your advisors with life income gifts and other “tax-wise” gift plans. Please contact us for information about estate planning, charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, gifts of retirement accounts, gifts of life insurance policies, or gifts of whole or partial interest in real estate, stock options or other assets.