Dr. Walter K. Greene (left) was the first professor to occupy house 8. Dr. Greene was a Professor of English and Dean of Undergraduate Instruction. He left Duke in 1942 to assume the presidency of Wofford College. Between 1944 and the mid-1960s, the house was occupied by the various Chairmen of Naval Science and Tactics, including Captains Ralph Earle, Jr. and C. P. McFeaters. The International House was here in 1966, before moving into its current location in 1967. The Center for International Studies then became the occupant and remained until 1982. From 1982-1991, this building housed the Psychology Clinic, and from 1991 to 2006, the Asian and African Languages and Literature Department. It now provides satellite office space for the Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions.
Unless otherwise specified on this page, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.