Professor Clement Vollmer (left) lived in this house from 1931 until he retired as Chair of the Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures in 1956. During both World Wars, Dr. Vollmer served as a translator for the U. S. Government. William H. Cartwright, Professor of Education, lived here from 1957 until 1968. At that time, the University decided to use the building for departmental offices, including the Center for Commonwealth Studies, the Comparative Studies Committee, Asian and African Languages, and the Islamic and Arabian Development Studies Center. It housed Latin American Studies from 1994 until 2007. Graduate Liberal Studies now occupies the house.
Unless otherwise specified on this page, this work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.