The following areas are designated for quiet study:
- Fourth floor of Perkins & Bostock Libraries
- Bostock Library’s Carpenter Reading Room and adjacent tower reading room
- Bostock Library's Nicholas Family Reading Room and adjacent tower reading room
- Lilly Library’s Thomas Room
- Rubenstein Library's Gothic Reading Room
See Places to Study to find additional options for study space, including conversation-allowed areas and reservable rooms.
As a Duke University Libraries patron, you should feel empowered to read signage, self-police and encourage others to adhere to library policies. Library security officers will address egregious violations.