What are the general guidelines for using Bostock 023 and Perkins 118?
- Priority use: Library instruction for Duke groups takes priority over all other uses of Bostock 023 and Perkins 118.
- Research and Instructional Services reserves the right to cancel your reservation if the room is needed for library instruction.
- Staff will give you at least one week’s notice if they must cancel your reservation.
Who can reserve these rooms?
This list describes people who can reserve rooms in order the of their priority:
- Duke University Libraries staff can reserve Bostock 023 and Perkins 118 for the purpose of library workshops, training, and library instruction.
- Duke University Libraries staff can reserve the rooms for staff development or meetings.
- Duke University faculty can reserve the rooms for occasional class meetings or film screenings, if sponsored by Duke University Libraries or a librarian.
- Duke University faculty, staff and student groups can reserve the rooms for occassional meetings, if sponsored by Duke University Libraries or a librarian.
- Non-Duke groups can reserve the rooms for occasional classes or meetings, if sponsored by Duke University Libraries or a librarian.
How can I reserve a room for my event?
- Submit your room request to Lynell Wiggins by phone or by email.
- Submit your request for a library research workshop to Hannah Rozear by phone or by email.
What technologies are available?
- Bostock 023: There is one instructor's station with a PC (with optional laptop connection) connected to a projector, audio, and document camera. Additionally, there are 30 computer workstations.
- Perkins 118: The instructor's station has a dedicated laptop connected to a projector. There are no additional computers or laptops in Perkins 118 - please remind students to bring their own laptops, if needed.
- Request updates or new applications for these machines by contacting Librarian for Instructional Services Hannah Rozear.
- You cannot modify the computer hardware or software configurations unless Information Technology Services (ITS) and the class instructor authorizes it.
- You cannot copy software programs on our computers.
Are there any other rules?
- Yes, there are. Please do not bring food and drink (other than water in a closed container) in Bostock 023.
- Bostock 023 or Perkins 118 are locked. To get into these rooms on the day of your event, you will need to stop by the Perkins circulation desk to get a key.
- Leave your room ready for the next group. That means you should log off all the computers, make sure every computer has a chair, turn off the projector, erase all writing on dry erase boards, throw away your trash, turn off the lights and ensure the doors are locked.