All individuals are entitled to use a restroom consistent with their gender identity within Perkins, Bostock, Rubenstein, and Lilly libraries. This includes all multi-stall restrooms located within these buildings.
Gender-neutral, single-use restrooms:
The Duke University Libraries also have five gender-neutral, single-use restrooms:
- Two in The Link on Lower Level 1 of Perkins Library
- One on the Lower Level of Rubenstein Library
- Two on the Second Floor of Lilly Library
They are designated on the floor plans with a pictograph of a toilet:
These single-use restrooms include the following features:
- Wheelchair accessible
- Lockable door
- Baby changing table (Perkins and Rubenstein only)
- Duke University Office for Institutional Equity Policies and Procedures
- Find unisex and single-stall restrooms on campus
- Statement from Duke University Leaders Regarding HB2
- Report maintenance or housekeeping concerns related to Duke University Libraries
- A lactation room is located on the first floor of Perkins Library within the women's restroom. You can register on the Duke Human Resources website to schedule access to the lactation room.