Duke University Libraries is committed to providing patrons with the latest e-reading and computing technologies. Patrons can borrow from our collection of Kindle e-readers and iPads:
- 11 Kindles at Perkins Library
- 10 Kindles at Lilly Library
- 1 Kindle at Pearse Memorial Library at the Duke Marine Lab
- 90 iPad 2 devices at Pearse Memorial Library at the Duke Marine Lab
Borrow a Kindle
- Click the title’s hyperlink.
- Look for the small truck icon labeled “Get this title” on the upper right screen.
- Click the “Get this title” link.
- Enter your NetID and password to login.
- Click the “Request” link beside the title.
- Select your pickup location from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Place Hold/Recall Request” button.
- Library staff will notify you when your Kindle is ready for pickup.
- All Kindles have the same titles loaded onto them, so you do not have to worry about which device you check out.
- Borrow a Kindle for a loan period of two weeks.
- Renew your Kindle for one consecutive loan period.
The Link, located on the lower floor of Perkins Library, offers a wide range of equipment available to faculty, staff and students to improve the classroom and learning experience, such as:
- iPad 2 devices
- Video recording devices
- USB speakerphones
- Device chargers:
- Multi-device charging cable (Micro USB, Apple 8 pin, Apple 30 pin)
- Apple MagSafe
- Apple MagSafe 2
- Dell AC Adapter
- Lenovo AC Adapter (slim tip for T440 series and current Lenovo laptops)
- Lenovo AC Adapter (for earlier model Lenovo laptops)