Assistive Technology Room Policy
- The Assistive Technology Room, located on the first floor of Perkins Libary in Room 127, is available to patrons who require assistive technology.
- Patrons who are signed up with SDAO (Student Disability Access Office) may book the room through the Room Reservation System using a custom URL. The patrons will check out a room key at the Perkins Library Service Desk on the first floor of Perkins Library.
- Email Ciara Healy at ciara.healy at duke.edu with questions.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (Speech-to-Text software)
- Kurzweil 1000 (PDF Scan-to-Text-to-Speech software)
- JAWS 8.0 (Screen Reader)
- ZoomText 11 (screen magnifier)
- SensusAcees (turns almost file into an accessible file; max 64 MB)
- 1 large computer monitor
- 1 scanner
- 1 adjustible table
- 1 pair of headphones with boom microphone