Although the library buildings are currently closed, Library staff are available to assist faculty with teaching online and to support students with research projects and assignments.
Materials for your course
We will try to find electronic versions of resources for use by instructors in their courses. For placing reserve requests, please fill out the Place Items on Reserve form and choose the appropriate format at the bottom of the first screen.
For questions about:
Faculty can also consult with our staff on digital archives and rare books at Duke and receive help identifying digitized items at other institutions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can learn more about accessing course reserves online.
Support of teaching: remote instruction
- Library staff are available to provide instruction in locating and using online information, both through synchronous workshops via Zoom or through recorded presentations, videos, and web guides (example guides). We can also assist you with designing assignments using library materials without physical access to collections. Just contact us at Ask a Librarian and we'll put you in touch with the best librarians to help. You may also contact the subject specialist librarian who works with your discipline
- Rubenstein librarians are available to provide online instruction and assist in designing assignments using Duke’s digital archives and rare material or digitized items from other repositories.
- CDVS provides online workshops and online course based instruction on a variety of data topics including data visualization, digital mapping, data management, and data science topics. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Support of online learning: research consultations
- The library provides an Ask a Librarian chat option for quick communication with a librarian.
- Librarians can provide one-on-one or group consultations online via Zoom or via email related to research projects and assignments. Request a consultation appointment
- The ScholarWorks Center consults with scholars and students on a range of digital humanities, publishing, and copyright needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule an online consultation.
- Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library staff can provide consultations on archival and rare material at Duke as well as digitized primary source material at other institutions via Zoom or email, email@example.com.
- The Center for Data and Visualization Sciences provides online consultations (zoom) on a wide range of data related research methods, sources, and tools. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.