Digital Curation and Production Services
The Digital Curation and Production Services Department (DCAPS) develops, builds, and maintains digital library collections for Duke University Libraries and the Duke campus community. DCAPS brings together a staff skilled in the curation of digital objects, digitization of library collections, metadata creation, project management, and software development. Our responsibilities include:
- Reformatting library collections to promote their discovery, access, and use in research
- Preserving digital assets of value to the Duke community
- Leading initiatives related to digitization and digital preservation
- Consulting and support in our areas of expertise: digital capture, metadata architecture, digital asset curation, and web design
Our department includes a team of Digital Repository Content Analysts, a Metadata Architect, a Digital Project Developer, and the Digital Production Center, which performs high-quality digital captures of physical collections.
Our projects include:
- Digitization of collections held by the libraries and selected campus partners.
- Support for the libraries' efforts in digital preservation.
- Metadata architecture and consulting.
- Oversight for the Duke Digital Repository.