There are a number of funds you can support at the Duke University Libraries, including:
- The Libraries Annual Fund provides unrestricted support for where funding is needed most, from establishing crucial initiatives to creating unique programming and experiences.
- The Honoring with Books program gives Annual Fund donors who contribute $100 or more the opportunity to recognize a special person or event with a unique electronic bookplate.
- The George Grody Young Alumni Libraries Challenge matches any gift or pledge payment made to the Libraries Annual Fund by a student from the Classes of 2013-2018.
- The Lilly Library Renovation Fund is the top capital fundraising priority for the Libraries. This fund supports the renovation of Lilly Library, one of the oldest and most architecturally significant buildings on Duke's campus. Naming opportunities are available at multiple gift levels.
- The Adopt a Digital Collection initiative supports the storage of our diverse and unique digital collections, and provides the opportunity to ensure that some of Duke's most distinctive materials are protected in perpetuity.
- The Adopt a Book program funds the conservation of materials from our collections, and provides flexible support for the Conservation Services Department.
Additionally, donors can create a Named Endowment at the Duke University Libraries. Endowment funds are a permanent, self-sustaining source of funding that support a specific purpose. Each year, a portion of the value of the fund is paid out to support the fund's purpose, and any earnings in excess of this distribution are used to build the fund's market value. In this way, an endowment fund can grow and provide support for its designated purpose in perpetuity. When you establish an endowment fund, you create a permanent legacy of support for Duke.
- $50,000 will establish an unrestricted endowment
- $100,000 will establish an endowment restricted to a specific purpose
Please contact our Associate University Librarian for Development with questions about establishing an endowment.