Brown Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing technology, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Librarian for Judaica/Hebraica
Office: 232 Bostock Library
Mailbox: Box 90195 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Rachel is Librarian for Jewish Studies and Hebrew language. She works with faculty and students to answer their library inquiries and requests, and she orders Hebrew books and Judaica for the collection. She enjoys working with students showing them how to efficiently use library resources and helping them find material for their research papers. Twice a week you can find her at the Research Services desk in Perkins Library.
Originally from Israel, Rachel has been living with her family in Carrboro for the past 17 years. Before coming to Duke, she worked as a teacher of Jewish Studies and Hebrew. Rachel enjoys reading, good movies and music, and dreams of traveling around the world. She and her husband have three grown children and last June Rachel became a first-time grandmother of a lovely baby girl.