Wilson Residence Hall Librarian
What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing laptops, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Head, Humanities Section & Librarian for Literature and Theater Studies
Arianne is the Librarian for Literature and Theater Studies. She works with faculty and students in the Literature Program and the departments of English and Theater Studies. She regularly works on the Perkins Help Desk, serves as an Academic Advisor, and buys books for both the New & Noteworthy collection and Overdrive. Her favorite part of working with students is seeing that lightbulb moment when a student finds just the right source to begin exploring their research project.
Arianne is originally from St. Louis, MO. Before coming to Duke, she was a Humanities Librarian at Miami University in Ohio. She has master's degrees in Library Science and Comparative Literature from Indiana University and received a BA in English from the University of Missouri. In her spare time she likes to read novels, watch movies (especially retro nights at the Carolina Theatre), play strategy board games, take walks with her husband in the Eno River State Park, and spoil Jiji, her long-haired silver tabby cat.