Guide to the DeLossie D. Tuttle papers, circa 1948-1952
DeLossie Tuttle was an undergraduate at the Woman's College at Duke University from 1948-1952. The collection includes grade reports, college papers, Duke calendars and schedule books, entertainment programs, Duke songbooks and handbook, photographs, a scrapbook, and artifacts such as a Duke pillow and wooden Duke Blue Devil statue. The collection ranges in date from circa 1948-1952.
- Record Group
- DeLossie D. Tuttle papers
- circa 1948-1952
- Tuttle, DeLossie Dean
- 1.5 Linear Feet, 250 Items
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Material in English
Collection includes grade reports, receipts for charges such as tuition and room/board, Student Activities Pay Day receipts, graduation materials, Alpha Chi Omega materials, photographs, record albums, and Duke-related artifacts.
Access to the Collection
Researchers must register and agree to copyright and privacy laws before using this collection.
Collection is open for research.
Use & Permissions
Copyright for Official University records is held by Duke University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
How to Cite
[Identification of item], DeLossie D. Tuttle Papers, Duke University Archives, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Duke University.
DeLossie Dean Tuttle was a student at the Woman's College at Duke University from 1948-1952. She graduated with an A.B. degree in Mathematics in 1952. She was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority and member of Pi Mu Epsilon. Tuttle made the Dean's List her freshman-junior years and was a member of the Duke Players throughout her student career.
- Woman's College Records, 1928-1974. (University Archives, Duke University)
- Fraternities and Sororities Collection, 1931-2001. (University Archives, Duke University)
- Giles House Records, 1932-1980. (University Archives, Duke University)
- Men's Glee Club Records, 1930-1969. (University Archives, Duke University)
- Panhellenic Council Records, 1938-1996 (bulk 1960-1996). (University Archives, Duke University)
Click to find related materials at Duke University Libraries.
- Duke University -- History -- 20th century
- Duke University -- Students -- Societies, etc.
- Duke University. Woman’s College
- Tuttle, DeLossie Dean
The DeLossie D. Tuttle papers were received by the University Archives as a gift in 2004.
Processed by Archives Staff, November 2006
Encoded by Sherrie Bowser, January 2007
Accession A2004-3 is described in this finding aid.