Viewing Films or Requesting Copies
Viewing films in the Rubenstein Library’s reading room may be arranged if viewing copies of the films have been made. If a viewing copy exists, the following notation will appear at the top of the film's database record:
To inquire about a viewing, please contact us here
DVD copies of these game films may be ordered for personal and educational use only.
- Before initiating an order, please review the unique characteristics of these coaching films.
- As of May 1, 2019, researchers or organizations may request a copy of one sports film per calendar year at a cost of $75 per copy, plus $10 shipping and handling. Researchers and organizations will be responsible for the full preservation and digitization cost of any additional game films requested; the cost is generally around $600-800 per game film.
- Due to marketing and licensing concerns, we do not make copies of NCAA tournament games.
- Turnaround time depends on the condition of the original film and whether or not we have a viewing copy. The average turnaround time is between 4 to 6 weeks.
- To initiate a request for a copy of a game film, please contact us here and indicate which game film(s) you are interested in by sport, opponent, and date.
- Media outlets interested in receiving copies of game footage as digital files should contact us for options.
All films and videos are made available under the fair and educational use provisions of U.S. copyright law. Other uses, including commercial use or broadcast (including webcast), must be approved by the Duke Sports Information Office, and, in some cases, other licensing concerns.