The Rubenstein Library reading room is now open to visitors. Please book an appointment before visiting. Same day appointments (subject to availability) are available by calling the front desk (919-660-5822). Visitors are encouraged to contact staff before planning a visit. Access to the library is subject to change as local and campus protocols change. Please delay your visit if you are experiencing any Covid-like symptoms. Check the our Visiting the Rubenstein page before your visit for the most up-to-date information.
Follow these steps to schedule an appoinment in our reading room. Remember to also request the material you plan on using.
- Visit the Rubenstein Library’s Reading Room appointment request form in LibCal.
- Choose the date and time you would like to visit the Reading Room, and click on the corresponding green box. For example, if you want to schedule an appointment at 10am on August 31, you would click on the circled green box:
- The system will then ask you to choose an end time from a drop down menu and then click "Submit Tmes:"
- Confirm the booking details by clicking "Continue."
- Enter your name and email address. If you would like to request an appointment with a reference librarian, or would like to include any other relevant information, there is space to include that as well. Then click "Submit my Booking":
- You will see a screen confirming that you have submitted an appointment request:
You will receive an automated email from the LibCal system that says you have submitted a request and it is pending approval:
- When Rubenstein Library staff approve your request, you will receive another email confirming your appointment, along with information about visiting and using the reading room:
- If the Rubenstein Library denies your request, you will have been notified and made aware of the reasons why your request was cancelled.
- Two days before your appointment, you will receive an reminder email with your appointment information and a list of important things to know before you come in for your appointment:
If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to contact us at askRL@duke.edu