Sarah E. Thompson Papers

Letter from A.B. Stevens to Sarah Thompson, November 27, 1864

Louisville, KY. From A.B. Stevens to Sarah Thompson. Personal correspondence concerning Thompson's stay in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Sarah E. Thompson Papers, Special Collections Library, Duke University)

Image of this page

Louisville. Ky.
Sunday Morning Nov 27/64

Mrs Thompson
Your favour of Nov 18th came to hand a few days ago I showed it to Hattie. She promised to write and send her letter here so that I could enclose it with mine to you. I hope waited several days. and she has not done it. so I will wait no longer. I am glad you found Kind friends in Cincinnati. I only advised you to go to Cleveland because I was better acquainted there than at Cincinnati. and I could give you letters there but none to persons in cincin. if you have succeeded in finding friends there that will assist you. I think it full as well for you to remain, at least for the present. for if you go to

[Full size image of this page]

[Double size image of this page]

Image of this page

cleveland you will again be among strangers. if you can get anything to do that is respectable and that will pay present expenses. I think you had better remain. I have not heard anything from Douglas. I suppose he will be here some time this week. Hattie is still at the same boarding House. we have not started mess yet but expect to this week. I shall probably pass through cincinnati about the 22 of December and if you are still in cincin I will see you and we will have a good long talk. accept kind regards and write me soon and tell me how you are getting on.

Your Friend
A. B. Stevens.

Direct
Care Bx 53

[Full size image of this page]

[Double size image of this page]

Sarah Thompson Papers - Homepage or Index to letters.

A project of The Digital Scriptorium, Special Collections Library, Duke University. December 1996
http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/thompson/