Students, faculty, and staff with Duke IDs and email addresses can reserve study spaces. Affiliates and visiting scholars are not eligible for this service.
- Bring your Duke ID and SymMon pass when you come to the library.
- Show your Duke ID, SymMom pass, and reservation confirmation to security staff at library entrance.
- Wear a face mask and practice social distancing while in library spaces.
- Covered beverage containers are permitted. No food allowed.
- Library stacks are open only to library staff. If you need library books, request them through Library Takeout.
Reserve study seats or interview room by location
Not sure what seat to reserve? Virtually explore your seat options.
- Study seats in Perkins Library (in The Perk), 8:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Study seats in Rubenstein Library, Floor 2, 8:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Study seats in Rubenstein Library, Floor 3, 8:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Study seats in Bostock Library (in The Edge), 6-11 p.m.
- Interview room in Perkins Library, 8:30 a.m.-11 p.m. (up to 90 min total per day)
- All study seats in Perkins, Bostock, and Rubenstein Libraries (up to 6 hrs total per day)
- Study seats in Lilly Library, 2-11 p.m. (up to 6 hrs total per day)
- Study seats in Music Library, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (up to 3 hrs total per day)
Reserve scanners or computers by location
- Scanners and computers at Bostock Library
- Scanners at Lilly Library
- Scanners, color photocopier, and ePrint at Music Library
Reserve other equipment by location
- Microform reader/scanner at Bostock Library
- Video viewing station and microform reader/scanner at Lilly Library
- Turntables and microform reader/scanner at Music Library
Reserve a spot to visit library exhibit galleries
- Photography Gallery and Chappell Gallery Exhibitions in Rubenstein and Perkins Library (up to 1 hr total per day)