House 7 was occupied by football coach Wallace Wade (above). Wade volunteered for service in World War II, and was sent to Europe, but presumably his family maintained residence in the house while he was away. Wade retired from coaching in 1950/51, and moved to a farm in Bahama in northern Durham County. James Cannon, Dean of the Divinity School, moved in to House 7 that same year. He remained a tenant until 1959 when Robert Cushman, Dean of the Divinity School, and his wife Barbara moved in, living there until 1966.
From 1967 to 2012, International House occupied the building, sharing it for several years with Study Abroad. The house is currently occupied by the business offices of the Duke Chronicle.