If you do not have a current affiliation with Duke, you can obtain borrowing privileges two ways:
- Join the Friends of the Duke University Libraries
- Purchase a Campus Borrower Card
Friends of the Duke University Libraries
A membership is $50 and includes a library card. Your card allows you to check out materials at:
- Perkins and Bostock Libraries
- Divinity School Library
- Lilly Library
- Music Library
Purchase a Campus Borrowers Card
This card allows you to check out items from all Duke University Libraries except the Medical Center Library.
- $75 for alumni
- $100 a year for all others
Use a Computer
Most visitors can use a library computer for one hour. Visiting scholars should ask staff at a service desk for permission to access a computer for the duration of their visit. Obtain a password from staff at a service desk.
Learn about TRLN Privileges
The Triangle Research Libraries Network (TRLN) is a partnership of:
- Duke University
- North Carolina Central University
- North Carolina State University
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
To borrow items, patrons from these institutions can visit the Duke University Libraries and present their home institution ID card. TRLN patrons also can use library public computers.