Service Changes for Spring 2021
We will try to find electronic versions of print resources.
The Library is transitioning to Sakai for student access to course e-reserves (not streaming video reserves); while we implement this transition students will need to check both Sakai and our older "My Reserves" system as individual courses are transitioning at different times.
- If reserves for your course have transitioned to Sakai, you will find them in the resources folder of your course's Sakai site.
- Find a book or film on Reserve at Lilly Library.
- Find Reserve materials at the Music Library.
- Our Top Textbook program will be unavailable for Spring 2021. Any secondary copies of Top Textbooks will be available in the catalog for a non-renewable one month checkout through Library Takeout.
Place Items on Reserve
There is one form for all formats/locations
- In consideration of the fair use exception to U.S. copyright law, we can place limited portions of a work on E-Reserve. For more information about copyright law, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allow at least three work days to process your requests. Due to the pandemic, requests with books originating from other locations have been arriving with a significant delay. Items are normally processed on a first-in / first-worked policy. Material may be submitted throughout the semester. However, please note that if you submit your request(s) within a few days of the start of semester, staff may not be able to fulfill your Reserve needs in time for start of classes.
- Identify materials on your online Reserve form as on your syllabus. Please ensure a complete bibliographic citation is provided.
- Staff remove Reserve materials at the end of every semester. Please email reserves staff to re-activate a course reserve list.
- For films, choose the "streaming video" option on the "Place Items on Reserve" request form; if a title isn't owned, in place of call number indicate it needs to be ordered; for more information see: Lilly Library Reserves
- We do not scan articles that are available on the Internet or via the library's electronic databases, but we will place appropriate URLs of the articles on E-Reserve
Books & Instructor's Materials
- You may request scans of personal materials for electronic reserves. Items given to the library to scan will be subject to pandemic related quarantine.
- We cannot place the following materials on Reserve: coursepacks, reference books or materials from the Medical Center Library, Law Library, TRLN SHARE / ILL, or Ford Library.
- We will purchase books or textbooks for scanning for electronic reserves when necessary. Please allow extra time for ordering, shipping and cataloging when an item must be purchased. Items are arriving with significant shipping delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic.