What is Zotero?
Zotero is a citation management tool that allows you to gather and to organize your research in one, searchable platform in your browser or desktop. You can collect a wide range of research with Zotero, including:
- audio and video files
- PDF files
- web page screen shots
- Download Zotero. Zotero works with Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Download Zotero word processor plug-ins for in-text citations. With a plug-in, you can cite as you are writing your document.
- View Zotero's comprehensive library of screencast tutorials.
- When creating a Zotero account, DO NOT re-use your NetID password credentials. Duke provides access to 1Password for password management and encourages you to use it to create a secure and unique password.
- Use this extensive LibGuide to stay up to date on what's new with Zotero.
- Check out the book Zotero : a guide for librarians, researchers, and educators from Perkins Library
- To purchase more storage at Zotero.org, use this link.
If your access to resources is blocked while using Zotero, make sure you are using the latest version. If you continue to have access issues after upgrading to the latest version, contact us.