Spring 2021 - Oasis Perkins is closed until further notice.
This peaceful space is dedicated to wellness at the Libraries. We encourage students, staff, faculty, and visitors are encouraged to explore the resources of the Oasis Perkins to relax and recharge.
What resources will you find?
We encourage you to come explore what Oasis Perkins has to offer! Some of what you'll find include:
- Yoga mats
- Meditation cushions
- Origami paper and instructions
- Sudoku and logic puzzles
- Coloring books
- A jigsaw puzzle corner
- A quiet nook
- Essential oil sprays
- A neck massager
- The Oasis Perkins book collection, including: How To Love , Zen Pencils , and more
Previous events include:
- Koru meditation classes
- Tea-laxation and Paint by Stickers, hosted by Duke Wellness (November 12, 2018 and February 20, 2019)
- Cups of Kindness, a event promoting mental health awareness through NAMU (November 13, 2018)
- DIY Aromatherapy and Kindness Grams, hosted by Duke Wellness (October 18, 2019)
- Wooden Ornament Painting, hosted by Duke Wellness (December 10, 2019)
Other wellness spaces
You can find the Duke Libraries Prayer and Meditation Room in Perkins 220, a smaller space for quiet reflection.
Oasis Perkins is managed by the Duke Libraries, in collaboration with Duke Wellness. We encourage you to also visit Oasis East and Oasis West, two more self-care spaces in the Student Health Center and on East Campus, respectively. You'll find resources to create your own aromatherapy room spray with essential oils, a massage chair, events, and more.