The Collection Strategy and Development department coordinates the strategic development and management of the collections at Duke University Libraries. Our primary goal is to devise collection strategies that support the teaching and research mission of Duke University while contributing a robust scholarly information ecosystem.
Collaborating with subject specialists, acquisitions experts, and others, we:
- budget for and select materials in all formats
- assess collection strengths and gaps
- create and enhance partnerships with libraries beyond Duke
- review and process gift collections
- forecast and plan to ensure future availability of scholarly materials
Send us your recommendations for purchase.