Skip to main content
- The main floors of Perkins Library, Lilly Library, the Music Library and Duke's Professional School libraries are accessible.
- Some book stacks and other areas in Duke University Libraries are not accessible. Please ask library staff for assistance if you need materials from these areas.
- For an overview of ADA accessible entrances, parking and more, view our Duke campus system map and select the box beside the ADA Accessibility icon.
Accessibility at Campus Libraries
Perkins and Bostock Libraries
- The main entrance of Perkins Library is unassisted. It is open during library hours, accessible with a DukeCard after 7pm.
- Bostock Library's entrance is also unassisted. Continue past Perkins' main entrance (the entrance that faces the quad) and follow the path that angles left. Bostock Library entrance is on the right across from Perkins' side entrance, under the walkway.
- Please note that because of library construction you may need to call (919) 660-5870 ahead of your visit for access to Perkins and Bostock Libraries.
- The library's main (front) entrance is unassisted.
- The library has an unassisted front and back entrance.
- There is an elevator at the back entrance, which will give you access to the first floor library.
Divinity School Library
- The Divinity School Library has two unassisted entrances. The first is located beside the Divinity Parking lot, and the other is by the Kilgo entrance from the quad (with the light-colored portico).
Goodson Law Library
- Unassisted entrance into Goodson Law School can be found at the front or back of the building.
- Take the elevator to library on the third floor to enter the Library.
- Duke student, faculty and staff can access the law building and the library by using their Duke card, until 8:00 PM, Sunday – Thursday.
Ford Library at the Fuqua School of Business
- Find an unassisted entrance via the main doors to the Ford Library at the Fuqua School of Business on the second floor of Breedan Hall.
- You will find automatic doors if you enter Breedan Hall via Science Drive. When you enter the building, take the elevator on your left down to the second floor and follow the enclosed breezeway until it ends. The library will be on your left.
Medical Center Library & Archives
- Find parking for the Medical Center Library & Archives in the Duke Hospital and Duke Clinical parking garages, both of which offer handicapped-accessible routes.
- The are two main entrances to the library and both have automatic doors. Once you are inside, take the elevator to the appropriate floor of the library.
- Access is limited to Duke Health ID badge holders. Duke University ID badge holders may get access to the building by requesting a Prox card from the University DukeCard Office. Non-Duke individuals do not have access to the building.
- Hours are Monday-Thursday: 8a – 10p; Friday: 8a – 5p; Saturday-Sunday: 10a – 10p. Reservations are required for group study spaces and cubicles.
- Reading Room hours are Monday-Friday: 8a – 5p. Includes book collections, Study Rooms 102A & 102B, and the Richmond House Room.
- Medical Center Archives is supported by the Health System and the School of Medicine and is administratively part of the Medical Center Library. The collections are located at 1408-A Christian Avenue, Durham, NC and parking is directly in front of the building. Wheelchair access is available on the right side of the building (when facing the doors). Remote access hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30a-4p. On-site hours are by appointment.