- The main floors of Perkins Library, Lilly Library, the Music Library and Duke's Professional School libraries are accessible.
- Some book stacks and other areas in Duke University Libraries are not accessible. Please ask library staff for assistance if you need materials from these areas.
- For an overview of ADA accessible entrances, parking and more, view our Duke campus system map and select the box beside the ADA Accessibility icon.
Accessibility at Campus Libraries
Perkins and Bostock Libraries
- The main entrance of Perkins Library is unassisted. It is open during library hours, accessible with a DukeCard after 7pm.
- Bostock Library's entrance is also unassisted. Continue past Perkins' main entrance (the entrance that faces the quad) and follow the path that angles left. Bostock Library entrance is on the right across from Perkins' side entrance, under the walkway.
- Please note that because of library construction you may need to call (919) 660-5870 ahead of your visit for access to Perkins and Bostock Libraries.
- The library's main (front) entrance is unassisted.
- The library has an unassisted front and back entrance.
- There is an elevator at the back entrance, which will give you access to the first floor library.
Divinity School Library
- The Divinity School Library has two unassisted entrances. The first is located beside the Divinity Parking lot, and the other is by the Kilgo entrance from the quad (with the light-colored portico).
Goodson Law Library
- Unassisted entrance into Goodson Law School can be found at the front or back of the building.
- Take the elevator to library on the third floor to enter the Library.
- Duke student, faculty and staff can access the law building and the library by using their Duke card, until 8:00 PM, Sunday – Thursday.
Ford Library at the Fuqua School of Business
- Find an unassisted entrance via the main doors to the Ford Library at the Fuqua School of Business on the second floor of Breedan Hall.
- You will find automatic doors if you enter Breedan Hall via Science Drive. When you enter the building, take the elevator on your left down to the second floor and follow the enclosed breezeway until it ends. The library will be on your left.
Medical Center Library & Archives
- Find parking for the Medical Center Library in the Duke Hospital and Duke Clinical parking garages, both of which offer handicapped-accessible routes.
- The main entrance to the library is unassisted and has automatic doors. Once you are inside, take the elevator up to the main floor of the library.
- Find parking for the Medical Center Archives directly in front of the building. Staff will provide assistance entering the Archives from the parking area and exiting from the Archives to your vehicle.
- Doors stay open from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and then access is by Duke Medicine ID badge only. Until midnight, Duke University faculty, staff and students can ring the doorbell and show the security guard their Duke Card to enter.
- On weekends access is available from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and 12 noon to 12 a.m. on Sundays. Access is by Duke Medicine badge at all other times.