Medical Center Library and Archives Exhibits
Permanent exhibits include:
- apothecary jars in the lower lobby
- a medicinal herb garden exhibit in the History of Medicine Reading Room Terrace
- Exhibits of the history of stereotactic neurosurgery, the 65th general hospital, The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society and Schilling Library memorabilia on the first floor
- a Zeiss microscope on the balcony.
Rotating exhibits include:
- one case in the main lobby
- three cases in the mezzanine
- four cases on the lower lobby
- one mila-wall with six light gray modules (each 3 feet wide and 8 feet tall) located in the mezzanine.
Exhibits should be related to health sciences and medicine. Items displayed on the mila-wall should be two-dimensional. The mila-wall is in a public space and cannot be locked. Library visitors can see the herb garden during library hours by way of the outside staircase to the left of the Searle Center entrance.