What is the Student Wall?
The Student Wall is 18 feet of exhibit wall space on the first floor of Perkins Library. Duke students can display their two-dimensional items for one month. This wall was made possible by Office of the Vice Provost and Vice President for Student Affairs.
Who can use the Student Wall?
Students can display materials they have prepared for classes, internships, research and student organizations. Exhibits span topics such as civic engagement, experiences related to coursework, fine arts and social issues.
Campus Club Wall
What is the Campus Club Wall?
The Campus Club Wall is 18 feet of exhibit wall space next to room 118 Perkins, next to the Perkins entrance closest to Bostock. Duke students, staff and faculty can display their two-dimensional items for one month. This wall was made possible by donation from Campus Club organization in honor of their 100 year centenary in 2014.
Who can use the Campus Club Wall?
The Campus Club Wall is available to everyone, but priority will be given to students, faculty, staff and member of the Duke Community.
How do I propose an exhibit?
If you would like to propose an exhibit please check the calendar and then email a proposal to Exhibits Technician Yoon Kim. Proposals should include the following:
- Who will be involved in curating the show? Please list names of all interested individuals. If your exhibit is related to a course, please include the course title.
- Describe why your exhibit is important? (For example, is your exhibit related to course work, does it support student or faculty research at Duke, or is it important to your student experience?)
- What kinds of materials do you expect to display? Please include one or two examples. Attach digital images of your materials, if possible.
- Do the exhibit materials belong to the curators, or do you need to request a loan from an individual or institution?
How do I install my exhibit?
- Due to fire safety regulations, all items must be framed or mounted on Sintra plastic (some local vendors can print on Sintra for you). You may borrow frames by contacting Yoon Kim at email@example.com. Most of our frames are 16-by-20 inches.
- You can design your materials in the format and size of your choosing, but your materials must fit on our 18-foot wall.
- You must hang your materials from our built-in hanging system.
- Do not attach anything directly to the wall. Attach labels to the frames, and attach your display materials using the wall hanging system.
- Write an introduction to accompany your exhibit. This will be displayed in a frame on the wall.
- Mount and take down your exhibit with help from Exhibits Technician Yoon Kim.
- Your exhibit will be on display for a minimum of three weeks.