Depending on where you travel, you may have a variety of options for gaining access to buildings, collections, and online access at other institutions. Some key resources are listed below.
- Allows students, faculty and staff to borrow books from libraries at UNC, NCSU, and NCCU through a partnership with the Triangle Research Library Network (TRLN).
To borrow: present your DukeCard (University ID) at participating institutions.
- Allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain secure high speed Internet connectivity when visiting other participating institutions around the world.
To connect: configure eduroam while you are are still on Duke's campus.
- Provides a range of building access and borrowing privileges when visiting participating libraries.
To access: present your DukeCard (University ID) at participating institutions. You will be asked to log into your Duke Libraries account to prove you are in good standing.
- Letter from Duke
- Some institutions, especially outside the United States, will grant access to their building or to their collections only after you present them with a letter from Duke University Libraries.
To request a letter: contact Andrea Loigman, Head of Access and Delivery Services. Include information about specific libraries to be visited and your research goals.
Staying connected with Duke library resources
- Off-campus access to many of Duke University Libraries' online resources, such as articles and databases, requires use of VPN software.
- Library Access
- Installing our Library Access Button allows you to access articles and databases without using VPN.
Before you go
- Return items on loan: Library materials can be recalled at any time. To avoid incurring fines, return materials that you have checked-out from Duke University Libraries or have borrowed through interlibrary loan. Arrange for a friend or colleague to be able to access items you can't return.
- Return keys: Return the keys to your library locker, mobi or carrel.
- DukeCard: Make sure you have your DukeCard and that you take it with you.
- Configure your computer: Configure your computer to connect via eduroam at participating institutions.