Duke students, faculty and staff have off-campus access to many databases and e-journals. Patrons can use one of the following methods to retrieve these resources.
Access via the Internet
- On the library’s main webpage, click on the “Online Journal Titles” link. This link is located beneath the main search box.
- Type the partial or full title of the electronic journal in the search box on the Online Journal Titles page and click “Search.”
- Click the resulting link to access your electronic journal.
- Type in your current Duke NetID and password to access the journal.
Note: You cannot get off-campus access to some of Duke's electronic resources, such as our Bloomberg Terminal or those restricted by license agreements.
Access via Duke's VPN
A virtual private network (VPN) allows you to create a secure connection from your computer to Duke over a public network while working remotely.
Get Access From Off Campus
- Trying to access journals or other e-resources from an off campus location? Install our Library Access Button.