Extended library hours
- Lilly and Perkins & Bostock Libraries will stay open 24/7 Sunday, December 8 through Sunday, December 15.
Quiet study areas
- Quiet spaces (snacks permitted): Nicholas Reading Room on the second floor of Bostock or the fourth floor of Perkins & Bostock — the entire fourth floor is devoted to quiet study.
- Quiet spaces (food-free): Thomas Room in Lilly Library, the Carpenter Reading Room in Bostock Library, or the Gothic Reading Room in Rubenstein Library.
- Make any space in the library a little quieter by asking for a free pair of ear plugs at the Perkins, Lilly or Music Service Desks.
Exclusively during finals
- Rubenstein 350, Rubenstein 351, Bostock 127 (The Edge Workshop Room) and Bostock 225 are open for students on a first-come, first-accommodated basis from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. from Saturday, December 7 through Monday, December 16.
- Students may request the following meeting rooms for study purposes Bostock 039 and 042, Perkins 118, 217 (Korman Assembly Room), and 218. Contact Lenora Gilbert for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group study and project spaces
- Looking for a group study room? Reserve a space for 3 hours at a time.
- Any of our librarians can help you get started — check out the research guides librarians have created on topics from art history to global health, or schedule a one-on-one consultation.
- If you are a first-year student, your Residence Hall Librarian is available to help with projects and papers.
- Live chat with a librarian between 9 a.m. and midnight during the week (and on weekend afternoons, too!).
- Need help citing sources? Check out guides to using APA, MLA, CSE and Turabian.
Take a break!
- Wednesday, December 4: Long Night Against Procrastination. Spend an evening getting on top of everything you have to do - or just come and de-stress with our soothing activities, door prizes, and free coffee and snacks! Bostock Library, 7-11 p.m.
- Thursday, December 5: Papercrafts in Lilly’s CoLab. Take a few minutes to make cards, a collage or a fantastic origami figure. All supplies provided. Lilly’s CoLab, 4 to 5:30 PM.
- Saturday, December 7: Stampede of Love: Miniature Therapy Horses at Lilly. Finals have you feeling stressed? Miniature therapy horses are coming to help! Stampede of Love will be at Lilly Library, Saturday, December 7th from Noon to 2 PM.
- Monday, December 9: Lilly Study Break. Need to re-charge while studying? Free event with savory, sweet, and healthy snacks. Lilly Library, 8 PM.
- Tuesday, December 10 to Monday, December 16: Lilly Relaxation Station with games puzzles, crafts, and more!
Finished with your papers and projects?
- Earn $1000 for your research paper by submitting it for one of the Duke University Library’s Library Research Awards. Check out the list of awards and guidelines.
- Return books to any of Duke's libraries. Now you can also return CDs and DVDs you check out at Lilly or Music to any campus library service desk!