Duke Magazine Retro: "Let's Embrace Duke's Entire History"
"As university archivist," writes Val Gillispie in her Duke Magazine column, "I also love Duke University. It is undeniable that Duke is a place of extraordinary scholarship and research, as well as beauty and wonder. And it is undeniable that Duke has parts of its past that are disturbing and ugly. How do we reckon with these two truths? The University Archives provides only glimpses into the past, but those glimpses can educate us on where we went wrong, and how we can go right."
Read more in the Summer 2020 Duke Magazine.
New Collections at the University Archives
- Student Institutional Memory Initiative records, 2017-2018
- Native American Student Alliance records, 2015-2020
- Duke Chinese Dance records, 2010-ongoing
- Real Estate Office Records, 1893-2018, undated
- Graduate Liberal Studies Records, 1982-2019
- Duke Human Rights Center at the Franklin Humanities Institute, 2004-2013