The Allen Building Study-In
News & Events
Duke Magazine Retro: "Faith on the Firing Line"
The Duke University Archives recently received the Joseph Mitchell Papers on Max Wicker, a collection of letters, news clippings, and other documents that culminate in a 2006 paper, “The 1954 Firing of Max Wicker and Two Other North Carolina Student Directors, Jimmy Ray and J.C. Herrin,” by Joseph Mitchell M.Div. ’53, Ph.D. ’62.
Max Wicker, a 1952 Duke Divinity School graduate, was president of Duke’s Baptist Student Union (BSU) in 1953. After graduating, he was hired to work at Duke by Jimmy Ray, secretary of the statewide BSU.
New Collections at the University Archives!
- Barry Sharoff Papers on the Duke Vigil, 1968-1988
- Latino/a Studies in the Global South Records, 2001-2016
- Jay Carl Anderson Photographs and Papers, 1974-2001
- President's Committee to Address Discrimination in the Classroom Records, 1982-1989
- Paul D. Carrington Papers, 1985-2013
- Diversity Working Group Records, 1998-2003
- Desarrolla Records, 2014-2016
- Duke Alumni LGBTQ Oral Histories, 2015-2016
- Rainbow Triangle Oral History Collection, 1999-2004
- miriam cooke Papers, 1981-2013
- Bruce Lawrence Papers, 1980-2009