What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing technology, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Head, Music Library
Office: Music Library
Mailbox: Box 90661 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Laura is the librarian at the Music Library, located in the Biddle Music Building on East Campus. She enjoys helping people find what they need for music research and performance and immersing herself in campus musical life. She has earned degrees in musicology and library science and studied librarianship in Denmark. Laura's research interests lie with 19th-century Italian opera, and she has been an opera fan as long as she can remember thanks to an opera-loving grandfather whose family worked backstage at New York's Metropolitan Opera.
Although originally from the Jersey Shore, Laura has lived in North Carolina for many years and loves the beaches here, although she wishes they were closer. In her spare time, Laura can most often be found walking her dachshund on East Campus, going to the opera with her husband, or just relaxing on her front porch with her knitting or a good book.