What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing technology, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Librarian for Philosophy and Religious Studies
Office: Box 90191
Mailbox: Box 90191 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Cheryl is the library liaison for Philosophy and Religious Studies. She has worked in Perkins Library since 1992 and has worked in several library departments and currently works in Collection Development. She is delighted to work in a field with an educational mission and enjoys helping students create their best work.
Originally from Michigan, Cheryl went to college in South Carolina and graduate school in Indiana and Virginia. She spent two academic years abroad in France and in Switzerland, respectively. She has studied French, German and Italian. Cheryl enjoys opera and foreign films, cooking, and gardening, among other interests.