What can your Residence Hall Librarian do for you?
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting resources and programs, like study breaks and extended Library hours during exam weeks
- Answer your questions about Library services, like borrowing technology, citing sources, and requesting materials from other libraries
- Assist you with your research assignments by helping you identify the best sources and formulate search strategies
- Connect you with library specialists across all subject areas
- Support you even when you’re not on campus—for example if you’re on break
- Help you when you don’t know where to start or can’t think of what to do next!
Public Services Coordinator, Music Library
Office: Music Library
Mailbox: Box 90725 Durham, NC 27708-0175
Sarah Griffin is the Librarian for Public Services at the Duke Music Library, where she has worked since 2012 – though she worked there for several years before that, too, as a graduate student assistant. Primarily she helps patrons at Music with Course Reserves, fines, ILLs, and other circulation-related issues, as well as providing help with research questions.
Sarah grew up in North Carolina, then left for Ohio to earn her B.A. in Latin and B.Mus. in Violin Performance at Oberlin College and Conservatory. She went on to complete a M.Mus. in Violin Performance at the New England Conservatory in Boston, before wisely deciding to return to the far less snowy climate of NC and earning her A.M. in Musicology at Duke.
In addition to being a librarian, Sarah is an active freelance violinist around the Triangle, playing in various orchestras, string quartets, operas, and Broadway show pits at the DPAC. She’s even backed up Weird Al Yankovic. If Sarah seems distracted on a Zoom call, it’s probably due to her fearless 5-year-old child wanting to make princess crafts, or to her 8-year-old lab mix who is rather terrified of rain.