Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History
The Hartman Center for Sales, Advertising & Marketing History in the David M. Rubenstein Library acquires and preserves printed material and collections of textual and multimedia resources and makes them available to researchers around the world. Through these collections and related programming, the Center promotes understanding of the social, cultural, and historical impact of advertising, marketing, and sales.
Outdoor Advertising Association of America Celebrates 125th Anniversary
The OAAA, the lead trade orgainization for the outdoor advertising industry, is celebrating it's 125th annniversary this year. The Hartman Center will help celebrate with a series of tweets featuring documents, photographs, and other materials from the organizational archives housed here in the Rubenstein Library. Follow the Hartman Center on Twitter and look for the hashtag #OAAA125.
Newly Available Collections
The Hartman Center announces new online finding aids for the following collections:
- C&U Poster Advertising Company records, 1896-2004 and undated
- Cause Marketing Forum. Halo Awards Records, 2002-2012 and undated
- J. Walter Thompson Company. Chicago Office. Information Center records, 1956-1998
- J, Walter Thompson Company. Chicago Office. Marketing Vertical File, 1937-1998
- J. Walter Thompson Company. Detroit Office. Kinder Essington papers, 1985-2015
- J. Walter Thompson Company. Don Robertson Papers, 1978-1985
- J. Walter Thompson Company. Euro-Advertising Holding B.V. records, 1979-1985
- Reva Korda papers, 1952-1991
- Simon Kornblit papers, 1950s-2015
These and other Hartman Center finding aids can be found and searched from the Collection Guides page.