Digital Scholarship Services: Consult
Digital Scholarship Services staff provide consultation on digital project design and development in the humanities and interpretive social sciences. Contact our team with questions or to schedule an appointment, or visit us during Open Studio hours in the Murthy Digital Studio. Our areas of specialization include:
- Digital Publishing (platforms and hosting options; outreach & assessment; using APIs; sustainability)
- Digitization (processes and tools for digitizing documents and images; standards and formats for publishing and archiving)
- Managing Research (describing and organizing files for future or team use; tools for managing qualitative data)
- Project Planning & Management (scoping and planning; identifying resources; selecting tools)
- Text Analysis (text encoding; tools and approaches for analyzing corpora)
We can help answer your questions, advise on using new processes and tools, and put you in touch with other resources and expertise.
Duke Libraries Digital Scholarship Services department collaborates with researchers in the humanities and interpretive social sciences, at any level of study, to plan and build digital research projects. We supply consultation on technical matters, project management, and best practices for a wide range of technologically-engaged research. We also encourage learning and experimentation in digital scholarship through exploratory projects, programs of hands-on instruction, graduate student internships, and resources and programming in The Edge / Murthy Digital Studio.