Digital Scholarship & Publishing Services: Murthy Digital Studio
The Murthy Digital Studio provides low-barrier and immediate access to tools for organizing and analyzing qualitative research, and encourages peer-to-peer learning of new tools and approaches. The studio is located on the first floor of Bostock Library in The/EDGE and can be reserved for use during Perkins & Bostock operating hours. Stop by to ask questions or check it out during Open Studio hours: Tuesdays, 10:00-11:00 AM (spring 2019).
Projects + Programs
- Digital scholarship instruction and practice. The Murthy Digital Studio encourages shared exploration of digital scholarship tools and methods. It hosts a a range of activities, from hands-on workshops and research talks, to discussion groups and project work, and prioritizes collaborative work over solitary study.
- Reservations. Anyone may request use of this space for digital scholarship-related activities. To request use of this space for meetings, workshops, or events, submit a programming proposal or contact edge (at) duke.edu. Groups or individuals whose research, teaching, or publishing actitivites intersect with the mission of the Murthy Digital Studio may also apply for project space .
- Space. Located on the western corner of The/EDGE overlooking Telecom Drive, the Murthy Digital Studio is a light-filled and informal space, with mobile furniture that makes it easily reconfigurable for any event. Comfortably accommodates groups of 12-15 people, with capacity to seat up to 20.
- Open Studio hours . Drop-in consultations with Digital Scholarship & Publishing Services staff and other Libraries affiliates, for questions related to digital scholarship and scholarly publishing.
- By appointment. Contact askdigital (at) duke.edu to set up a meeting with one of our staff.
Duke Libraries Digital Scholarship & Publishing Services department collaborates with researchers in the humanities and interpretive social sciences, at any level of study, to plan and build digital research projects. We supply consultation on technical matters, project management, and best practices for a wide range of technologically-engaged research. We also encourage learning and experimentation in digital scholarship through exploratory projects, programs of hands-on instruction, graduate student internships, and resources and programming in The Edge / Murthy Digital Studio.